Saturday, August 18, 2007

I finally got some fish after not fishing for 20 days.

On Wed 8/15/07 I started fishing again after 20 days off. I am hoping the action has improved. Now all the beaches are open to oversand vehicles. Goodbye to the plovers. May the natives in Central American enjoy their food which we protect so dearly. Started the day fishing Pleasant bay at day break. I got six bass fishing by the new inlet. Not great but at least I got some action fishing the outgoing tide. Lots of eel grass made the fishing a little tough. That night I went to Nauset inlet. I was so happy to see the beach was open even though there was some mung to hamper my efforts. I picked up 4 bass there including one keeper 29 inches. It is a sad situation when a 29 inch fish is a big deal. Will the big fish ever return to the beach or is the bass population really in trouble as I believe. I plan to start fishing more frequently as the fall approaches, but I must finish my french drain project.

No comments: