Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Winter Doldrums




Since the holidays I have been occupying my time making darts and spoons for Woo's Lures. The shad season has started in Florida and orders have been coming in. I have been doing some salmon fishing with my friend, Harry, but have only caught a couple of trout so far. The conditions have been cold and windy most days, and I only last a couple of hours at a time. Harry on the other hand is obsessed about getting that big salmon, and he fishes long and hard when he is not working. It has paid off for him as you can see in the picture above. This nice salmon 12 lb 7 oz. was taken on 1/5/08. He got another large fish the next day. I have some problems with my truck which have slowed my fishing efforts the last few days. I hope to give it a try tomorrow if there is no ice on the ponds.


Above is a new addition to the family. My brother Les' first grandbrat Lily Anna O'Driscoll was born on 12/20/07. Mom and Dad, Carrie and Tim are still smiling as is Grandma, Laurie. I must admit she is a cute baby. I hope she likes to fish.


No comments: