Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Cold spring is hanging on at the Cape

Well after about a week it finally got warm enough (low 40's) to do a little more work outside. I turned over some gardens and planted more onions and shallots. I continue to plant some flats of vegetable and my tomatoes have germinated as can be seen in the picture below. During all this cold weather my worms continue to eat garbage and produce valuable casting which I will use on my plants in the green house. The red wigglers are also involved in a little mating action as can be seen in the picture to the left. That means more baby worms to eat up all my garbage and produce casting. I am knee deep in orders for shad lures, so I am very busy making lures and processing the orders. Not all bad, but once fishing starts Woo's Lures will take the back seat. Will it ever get warm this spring? This cold weather must be a result of Al Gore's global warming. Maybe he should give his award back. Shad are in the rivers in the mid-atlantic states, but have not hit New England rivers as yet. I can't wait. Before too long the schoolie stripers should show up, and I will have to choose between Shad fishing or Striper fishing.


No comments: